Wednesday, March 28, 2012

free pattern lil owls

Free pattern, lil owls

R1: make a magic ring /or just ch(chain) 2 and work 6 sc(single crochet) in second ch from hook.(6 sts)
R2: 2sc in next st all around (12 sts)
R3: sc in next st, 2sc in next st all around the row (18 sts)

*18 sts is enough for the size shown on my owl pictures http://myamihome.blogspot.com/2012/03/owls-invaded-my-ami-home-too.html if you want to use this size, R4- R9 : sc all around the row (18). Fasten off, sew the top of the bag like shape, while sewing you can give ear effect by putting 4 or 5 stitches on both edges.

If you want a slightly bigger owl, go for
R4: sc in next 2 sts, 2sc in next st, all around ( 24 sts)
R5- R10 :sc all around ( 24 sts)
Fasten off, sew the top of the bag like shape, while sewing you can give ear effect by putting 4 or 5 stitches on both edges.

*For the eyes: I made a magic ring and 12 sc,joined with slip stitch(sl st) when my yarn was thick enough for a 3.5mm hook OR a magic ring and 12 half double crochet(hdc) when my yarn was suitable for a 2.5 mm hook. I inserted beads inside but 12 mm safety eyes can be used instead or even buttons will give a more vintage look!

I hope you enjoy this pattern and would be glad if you share your own owl pictures made with this pattern, this is my first pattern, feel free to use or sell the owls made with this pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment